There’s a lot of work to do as we face set-backs in women’s health, environmental regulations, healthcare access, and more. But we’re also finding enormous strength and resilience in community.
Our upcoming Acting Out – For the Health of It variety show and fundraiser is a great chance to be in community with fellow Breast Cancer Action members, who are a fierce and fun bunch of people.
And we have a seriously excellent line-up of Bay Area performers who are generously donating their time and talent to put on a great show for you and help raise money to fund our work for health justice:
- Thao Ngyuen, hilarious creator of the acclaimed one-woman show Fortunate Daughter, will get you laughing with her stand-up comedy
- High energy acoustic band Rusty Stringfield will take you on a twisted trip from traditional bluegrass to soul, reggae, and arena rock (maybe all at once)
- Gifted poet, vocalist, and spoken word artist Nazelah Jamison will perform a powerful spoken word piece
- Dynamic dance duo Jo Kreiter and Vitali Kononov, will perform a piece they created just for this show
- Jenni Mork, a member of Bay Area Young Survivors (BAYS), will read a piece about changing bodies, after-effects of cancer treatment, and sexuality
- Folk singer/songwriter “Misisipi Mike” Wolf, twice voted “Best Singer/Songwriter” by the San Francisco Bay Guardian, will play at the VIP reception
5th annual Acting Out – For the Health of It variety show
February 9th, 2017
6-7pm: VIP reception ($85)
7:15-9:30pm: Variety show and silent auction ($35)
Presented at Brava Theater, 2781 24th St, San Francisco, CA